Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Entering March!

Wow. March is already here. How have the first two months of the year been for you? Have you grown in "love for others, God, and yourself?" Have you resolved to be more "obedient?" I have.

This month we have the blessing of studying one of the most precious doctrines - the Plan of Salvation. We'll study chapters 5 and 6 from Gospel Principles (The Creation; The Fall of Adam and Eve), and we'll discuss "The Purpose of Mortality" (Stake Theme, March). I call these doctrines precious because they're mysteries to those outside the current reach of the restored gospel, and because understanding them changes everything. Understanding these two doctrines prepares the learner for a correct understanding of the Atonement - which is what changes everything. This would be a great month to invite your friends and family to attend church with you.

While we study these precious truths, I invite you to pray for the Christlike attribute of faith. "Your faith will increase through diligent study, prayer, dedicated service, and obedience to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and the commandments." (Preach My Gospel, p. 116)

In February, we just resolved to be more obedient. Now, let us take that dedication, couple it with diligent study, and pray for the Lord to fill us with faith. I know this is a righteous desire that the Lord will grant as we seek it earnestly, daily, this month. Page 117 of Preach My Gospel provides a good place to begin your study.

The Lord has filled me with love for you, members of the Provo Peak 3rd ward. I love you. I know he will bless us as we seek to become more like him.

- Bishop Macdonald

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's hard for me to see if I have grown much or learned much in the past two months. But I am reminded of a tree that was just a sapling when my parents moved to W.J. about 20 yrs. ago. I was 12 at the time and never paid much attention to it. Then one day I was driving to visit my parents and noticed a huge tree that rose above the roof of the house and it's branches spanned nearly half of the front yard. It was hard to believe that this was the same little sappling that used to be shorter than me.

    So I guess the next ingredient to obedience and sacrifice is time and lots of it. How thankful I am for my Savior, It is because of His unfailing forgiveness and His everlasting patience with me that I can love who I am... because He sees in me what I often can't.

    Thanks Bishop for this post and for all you do for us!

    ReplyDelete