Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ask

Yesterday at work, I was asked to share my thoughts about how we can prepare to receive personal revelation through and during general conference this weekend. Part of my response was, "a mind with a question in it is a mind that is ready for revelation, whether it's an answer to that question or some other."

That was one of those times where I learned from what my mouth said. :)

So, now I'm thinking about questions that I could be pondering as we go into this weekend. Not doubting questions, but the type of seeking questions like a child who wants to learn more. It's certainly possible to ask and seek for knowledge faithfully; having a learner's heart, not a skeptic's heart.

This morning I've come across a scripture that corroborates this principle:
2 Nephi 32:4
"Wherefore, now after I have spoken these words, if ye cannot understand them it will be because ye ask not, neither do ye knock; wherefore, ye are not brought into the light, but must perish in the dark."

Questions can precede and follow conference. I think I'm more prone to remember to question after the fact. This week I'm remembering the importance of pre-conference pondering and question-forming.

I hope you find success doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment