Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Great Talks About Women

Happy Mother's Day to all you sweet women!

Here are some great talks and documents worth reviewing this time a year - for both men and women.

The Family: A Proclamation to the World - First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
Three Goals to Guide You - President Thomas S. Monson
The Touch of Human Kindness: Women and the Moral Center of Gravity - Elder Bruce C. Hafen and Sister Marie K. Hafen
The Women in Our Lives - President Gordon B. Hinckley
The Sanctity of Womanhood - Elder Richard G. Scott
The Divine Nature and Destiny of Women - Elder Glenn L. Pace
Women, Feminism, and the Blessings of the Gospel (MP3 only) - Elder Bruce C. Hafen
Over 10 years of archived BYU Women's Conference transcripts

Personally speaking, I have the deepest love and respect for women. I'm grateful for my wife, mom, sister, sisters-in-law, grandmas, aunts, and daughter. When I was on my mission surrounded by a bunch of other guys, I felt their absence. Love and beauty were deficient, even among that group of consecrated disciple-boys, trying to do their best to serve the Lord. Nothing can replace the grace of womanhood. I love it. Thank you, you good women, for embracing that which makes you beautiful - your divine nature. I'm so grateful for prophets who help us all understand the source of that nature, and the destiny to which it leads.

May you have a great day.

1 comment: